An easy but sophisticated and flexible way to practice ear training for improved aural skills.
I found, when practicing intervals myself, that there was no good, flexible ear-training software available for free. So I built Intervals.Take it for a spin and learn some stuff!
- Uses MIDI to play notes, allowing you to use any synthesizer you want
- MIDI THRU function for playing a keyboard while practicing
- Mouse keys for those that don't have a hardware MIDI controller
- Many single-key shortcuts for oft-used functions
- Tonic note can be randomized in a user selected range or set to a particular pitch
- Ability to exclude certain intervals
- Adjustable velocity, duration, MIDI channel and program of notes
- Melodic and harmonic modes, switchable before answering
- Intervals can go up, down, or both directions
Mac OS X 10.2 or later, any MIDI controlled synthesizer, hardware or software
There are many free softsynths available for download - check out my guide to free mac music software
- Intervals Mac (PPC) [1.8MB]